Friday, September 3, 2010

Sometime we never know why.

Yesterday I recieved a call from my mother telling me that a cousin who is only four months younger than me had committed suicide.  He left no note.  Unfortunately that leaves a lot of unanswered questions.  He had three children, two of which live with thier mother.  The third is in foster care for reasons not completely known to me.  It's not my place to judge him or ask the why's or what if's.  I'm am so very sorry that he felt life was not worth living any longer.  I'm even more sorry that we lost touch over the years. 
Part of me is angery with him for leaving his young son an orphan and letting his mother and sister find him that way.  Now they and his two other siblings are left to clean up the mess he left behind. My prayers will be for his family and children, this is going to be a long and difficult road.  
What have I learned?  Don't lose touch with the ones you love. 

Goodbye Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment