Sunday, March 28, 2010

The start of a new hobbie, Cookies

Last Christmas I decided to make sugar cookies and decorate them.  Actually, I had some preformed cookie dough I bought for a fund raiser and bake a decorated those first.  The first batch turned out pretty good and I had a lot of fun making them.  When those ran out I decided to make another batch.  I wasn't ready to make the dough from scratch so I bought a mix.  Fortunately for me I already had several cookie cutters.  This time I got a little adventurous with the decorating.  I made my own icing and bought some pipping bags and decorating tips.  They turned out okay. 
Then in February I decided to have a shower for my niece.  She's having a boy so I decided the theme would be onsies.  I have another niece who makes great cakes and left that to her.  I however decide to make and decorate onsie cookies.  I'm not the greatest but it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to learn more.
Hey from the looks of these pictures, it can only get better. Right??

1 comment:

  1. Susan the cookies are just precious! Yum!

    Have a wonderfuly blessed week. ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete