Saturday, March 27, 2010

A busy day and a forgetful night

We finally got the front flower garden weeded and ready for mulch.  That was some effort from two people who don't get around as well as we used too.  For those of you who don't know about me or my family.  We have had our fair share of health issues.  Our youngest daughter, Olivia, has a few screws in her ankle courtesy of a soccer game.  I have a rod and about eight screw in my leg and knee because I can't seem to go down three steps with falling and my husband, bless his heart is the worst.  He has become what I affectionately call our Transformer.  He was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when he was 30, he'll be 50 on July 4th. Due to some issue with old Arthur and MRSA, he has had a knee replacement, wrist replacement and most recently a hip replacement.  Did I say he'll be 50 this July.  A lot of hardware for a young man. 
Now you know why it was a feat for us to get that dang garden weeded.  We also cleaned the basement and I straightened the house while Darryl took our trash to the county dump.  All of this after we attempted to go to watch our son play baseball.  Yes, I said attempted, because apparently the other team didn't have us on their schedule, so needless to day we were came back home and started our chores.
Later tonight we went over to my brother and sister-in-law to watch the NCAA tournaments.  That didn't turn out like we'd hoped either.  Kentucky lost to West Virginia.  But the biggest disappointment of the day came on the ride home when it dawned on my I broke my Lenten promise.  I promised to give up soda and chocolate.  I ate chocolate.  Most specifically a couple, okay four, pieces of a chocolate chip cookie decorated with blue and white icing that said UK.  I had been doing so well.  I have avoid both chocolate and soda successfully until tonight. 
I can't tell you how bad I felt.  I know the Lord will forgive me, it just disappoints me that I didn't make it.  I will complete the rest of Lent without another piece of chocolate.  I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment