Friday, August 27, 2010

Way cool for me!!

Yesterday I was featured on Texas Monkey for the cakes I made and posted earlier.  They were a real hit and so easy to make.  Thanks for the idea.

It's been a really long time since I'm posted an  update.  I been so busy.  I'm in my sixth online class trying to finish my bachelors degree.  August has been real hectic because a few of my classes overlapped and it was really hard to stay on track.  But I'm only taking one class now and though I have to write several papers, I have an entire week to complete them instead of four days. 

I haven't had much time to do any baking to cooking but I hope to get back to it soon.  My husband and I are trying to cut down the amount of times we eat out.  We were hoping to go an entire month without eating out but I had to go out of town for three days and the boys (my husband and son) couldn't stay away from Beef O'Brady's.  They love that place.  Since my meals weren't provided on my buisness trip I ate out too. 

We've manage to convince my sister and brother-in-law into joining us in our cost savings plan and because of this we intend to spend Sunday eating together.  Trading off on who's house we go to for dinner.  This way we can feel like we've eaten out and not spent as much money.  Last Sunday everyone ate at my house.  We served babyback ribs, green beans, cheesy potatoes, and fresh corn, oh and fresh cookies for dessert.  It was much better and less expensive then going out. 

I'm looking forward to this Sunday.   Maybe I'll make another barrel cake for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment