Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shew, it's been awhile!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything.  I've been so busy with life here lately I have had time to think let alone write.  I started another class, this time in photography.  It's an elective for my bachelors degree that meets once a week for five weeks.  I'm hoping I'll learn how to use my camera and take better pictures. 

Besides school I made another cake, actually two, for a luncheon at work.  I was going to try and make a stack barrel cake but chickened out at the last minute and just placed the layers on separate cake plates.
 They were a hit and I brought a small piece fo the chocolate and a little less that half of the vanilla home.

Here are some pics of my creations.  I loved the idea when I saw it on Texas Monkey's site.  Props for the idea. 








On the left is a vanilla cake and


On the right is a chocolate cake

Both were filled with strawberry cream.





I think I'm going to take a little break from the party planning for awhile.  I need to focus on school and my family for a little while.   see ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment