Thursday, June 3, 2010

Butterscotch/Caramel Pecan Cake

I looked in my pantry and I have what seems like a million cake mixes.  I'm a sucker for those 10/$10 sales.
So.... I pulled out a Butterpecan cake mix.  Saw a package of butterscotch chips, and partial jar of caramel ice creams sauce, vanilla frosting and a left over back of pecan pieces. 

Hmmm......I figured I could do something with all of this.
I made the mix according to package directions, then stirred in about a cup of butterscotch chips.

I poured it into a 9x13 dish.
Baked in a 350 oven for 30 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick out clean.
Poke holes in the cake and pour in the caramel sauce.

It smelled just like pecan pancakes, yummy!!


Let cool completely then ice with vanilla frost and sprinkle with the pecans.


It's amazingly airy and light, even with the caramel and butterscotch chips.  I can tell this won't be around long.


No comments:

Post a Comment